Monday, September 14, 2015

writing 101, Day 5: Let social media inspire you!

https://twitter.com/leverus/status/593065340516618240

I find it hard for me to write an essay or a research paper. But, when it come to poetry and stories... it just comes to me. Though, I may need improvement on my grammar and things but, I enjoy it more! Just as much as being around all the young kids. That is why I have been fighting in my head should I really be going to  school to become a teacher or should I really try to do more writing. The plan was that I go to school for teaching and get a secured job. Then I do the writing on the side until I HAVE to quit teaching and become a full-time writer. But, see the thing is I never planned on publishing just before graduation. I never thought I would blog. This seemed to get off the topic of the tweet... that is ok, right?

Comment bellow what you would like to see me do.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Stay in school! You have good ideas and a lot of promise, but sometimes using poor grammar or odd spelling can takeyour reader away from your stories, and writers like us need all the readers we can get! Staying in school and having papers graded will not only lead to a job you enjoy that can supplement your writing income but help you learn more about grammar and word syntax. You might take inspiration from your Fellow poet Mary Oliver. She spent much of her youth reading and writing poems, and from the time she was young, she knew that writers didn't make very much money, so she sat down and made a list of all the things in life she would never be able to have - a nice car, fancy clothes, and eating out at expensive restaurants were all on the list. But young Mary decided she wanted to be a poet anyway. She went to college and found work caring for an older woman and working on her own writing in her free time. She saoid, "I also began in those years to keep early hours. [...] If anybody has a job and starts at 9, there's no reason why they can't get up at 4:30 or five and write for a couple of hours, and give their employers their second-best effort of the day - which is what I did." She published five books of poetry, and still almost no one had heard of her. She doesn't remember ever having given a reading before 1984, which is the year that she was doing dishes one evening when the phone rang and it was someone calling to tell her that her most recent book, American Primitive (1983), had won the Pulitzer Prize. Suddenly, she was famous. Mary Oliver's most recent book of poems, Felicity (2015), will be published in October. She said: "I've always wanted to write poems and nothing else. There were times over the years when life was not easy, but if you're working a few hours a day and you've got a good book to read.you're okay."

    _____

    From: The Life of a Self-Published Author [mailto:comment-reply@wordpress.com] Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 10:55 AM To: info@bethfinke.com Subject: [New post] writing 101, Day 5: Let social media inspire you!

    kaitlynfranzone posted: "https://twitter.com/leverus/status/593065340516618240 I find it hard for me to write an essay or a research paper. But, when it come to poetry and stories... it just comes to me. Though, I may need improvement on my grammar and things but, I enjoy it m"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Looks like I have a author I need to meet!

    ReplyDelete